About the Project
Focused on creative STEM education and character-building skills, iThra Youth Initiative is a major youth development project, complementing initiatives that promote transition towards a knowledge-based society.
The programs conducted under this initiative in 2013 are:
1. iDiscover: a series of innovative, rigorous, transformational science and math camps that are conducted in different cities across Saudi Arabia, delivering half a million learning hours and accompanied by soft skills programs.
2. iSpark Mobile: dynamic workshops that target public schools in urban and rural areas to inspire 9th and 10th graders to follow four STEM programs on a weekly basis.
3. iWander: international scientific expedition for the top students in iDiscover camps with intensive English training.
4. iBroadcast: a portal hosting the scientific content of the programs online, to track Saudi youth development and to enrich online Arabic content.
5. iRead: a festival of reading to nominate the reader of the year through a competition associated with sessions and panel discussions.
6. Other events (RoboOlymbics, Exploratorium Tinkering Studio, Saudi 2050 Exhibit).