Mr. George Onyango
Deputy Director of Slums Information Development & Resource Center (SIDAREC)
Mr. Onyango is a Deputy Director with Slums Information Development & Resource Centers (SIDAREC), an organization he has been part of since its formation 14 years ago.
He holds a certificate in Nonprofit Management from Johns Hopkins University, Institute for Policy Studies, Center for Civil Society Studies, a diploma in Computer Science from the Inoorero University, and a certificate in Executive Business Development from Wharton Business School, University of Pennsylvania.
George is a correspondent for the Health and Development Network, writing on HIV/AIDS issues around the world. He was an online editor with TakingITGlobal from 2006-2009.
George has received several honors. They include:
- Commonwealth Professional Fellowship (2010)
- International YouthActionNet Fellow (2002)
- Fellowship with Johns Hopkins University, Institute for Policy Studies, Center for Civil Society Studies (2004-2005)
- Jury member for the Global Young Social Entrepreneurs’ Competition
- Jury for YouthActionNet Fellowship (2004)
- Finalist in the Acumen Fund Fellowship Program (2007)
- He is a former Global Knowledge Partnership Ambassador (2007)