WISE@ are a series of local and regional education forums that take place between WISE biennial global summits. With the support of local partners, the fourth regional forum convened in Ghana.
WISE@Accra, under the patronage of the President of the Republic of Ghana, H.E. Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo, convened at the Accra Marriott Hotel on May 9, 2018.
The one-day gathering highlighted and explored solutions in education for the future of the region under the theme ‘Unlocking the World’s Potential: Leading and Innovating for Quality Education in Africa.’
Over 500 local and international policy makers, education practitioners, young innovators, and entrepreneurs gathered to discuss how to empower African youth and scale innovations for quality education.
WISE@Accra addressed the following topics:
- Engaging young education leaders in addressing current and future challenges to build the Africa of tomorrow
- Promoting education innovation to achieve quality education
- Fostering meaningful connections and collaborations between key stakeholders
- Creating learning environments that are beyond the classroom and tap into the potential of African youth
- Equipping the youth with the mindsets and skillsets to identify and ethically address challenges in their communities
- Leveraging art and culture to promote and implement quality learning outcomes